Have you figured out what your ‘why’ is? Are you struggling to find the time to discover what you want from life?
My guest on this week’s podcast is the inspirational plant-powered wellness advocate, best-selling author and podcast host, Rich Roll. He shares his incredible story of complete transformation from unhealthy, overweight alcoholic lawyer to ultra-endurance athlete, who has been hailed “fittest vegan on the planet”. We talk about how finding out who you are and what your purpose is has a positive impact on every aspect of your life. Rich gives some brilliant tips on how to achieve this. This is an honest, deep and enthralling conversation – I hope you enjoy it!
My upcoming book, ‘The Stress Solution’ covers purpose in great detail. You can pre-order it here.
- What was Rich’s former job and was he successful?
- Hear about Rich’s alcohol addiction and what was the catalyst for change.
- How did Rich rate his health when he got to 40 years of age?
- What was the trigger moment for Rich and how did his mindset switch overnight?
- How did Rich change his diet to give him more energy and vitality?
- Why does Rich want to re-define addiction?
- What has Rich discovered about his addiction and how to manage it?
- Does Rich allow himself any ‘cheat days’?
- Hear how Rich developed his personalised, self-taught approach to his addicted personality.
- What is Rich’s new addiction and why is this more difficult than drinking alcohol?
- Why does Rich not believe in shortcuts?
- How does Rich recommend you assess your daily life to become a better version of yourself?
- Rich & Rangan talk about social media, the need for ‘likes’ and inauthenticity.
- Hear how Rich believes that figuring out what your purpose is and who you really are, is so important to overall health.
- Does Rich think he has it all?
- How did journaling help Rich? He was inspired by the book The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron.
- Hear about Rich’s book Finding Ultra – his story, his plant-based diet and his ultra-running endeavours.
More info on Rich:
Website YouTube Instagram
Twitter Facebook Podcast
The Plant Power Way
The Plant Power Way Italia
Dr Chatterjee’s resources: