Dr Chatterjee talks to author, chef and nutritional medicine expert, Dale Pinnock aka ‘The Medicinal Chef’, about the various diets that he has tried and how we can eat to improve our heart health, anxiety, depression and type-2 diabetes.
- How old was Dale when he started cooking?
- What triggered Dale to start looking at how food can affect his health?
- Dale was given the book Fit for Life by Harvey Diamond in his teens.
- Why did Dale make drastic changes in his diet to improve his health?
- What benefits has Dale experienced after trying different diets?
- Dale talks about going Vegan and about it’s rise in popularity recently.
- Rangan discusses social media and its role as a communication tool for health messages.
- Which types of fats does Dale recommend, and which should you steer clear of?
- How does Dale recommend getting Omega-3 if you are Vegetarian or Vegan?
- Can our diets play a part in cardio-vascular health, type 2 diabetes as well as anxiety and depression?
- What foods and nutrients does Dale recommend for good brain health and why?
- As a starting point, Dale recommends his book The Power of Three: The 3 nutritional secrets to a longer, healthier life with 80 simple recipes which tackles tips across these 3 areas:
- Blood-sugar balance
- Fatty acid balance
- Micronutrient density
- Rangan and Dale discuss the importance of making food taste delicious, a communal time for families as well as healthy and nourishing for your body.
- Dale shares some of the tips he has given to families he works with in the 2nd series of the ITV series Eat, Shop, Save.
- Dale explains his online nutrition course Nutrition Coaching Monthly, available for anyone and everyone who would like to learn more about nutrition in their everyday lives.
- Hear Dale’s top tips for successfully changing your diet.
- Link to Feel Better, Live More podcast survey.
More Info on Dale
Website Instagram Facebook Twitter YouTube
Dr Chatterjee’s blog:
Links to Dale’s books