In this episode Dr Rangan Chatterjee speaks to Professor Tim Spector. He is a Professor of Genetic Epidemiology at Kings College London, a medical doctor and author of the book The Diet Myth. They talk about the recent interest in Gut Health and why we are learning more now on our gut works than ever before.
- Hear how Tim’s career path has taken many twists and turns
- What own life experiences lead Tim to write The Diet Myth?
- How does Tim think the recent increase in research of the gut microbiome and its connection to the body is being received amongst the general population?
- What are Tim’s thoughts on the current arguments with different diets?
- Hear what Tim & Rangan have learnt from the life of the Hadza tribe in Tanzania.
- Tim talks about fibre, its purpose, its importance and its reputation over the past 40 years.
- Rangan and Tim discuss polyphenols and why we these are so important for us.
- Hear about Tim’s most recent research into berries and their properties.
- Does Tim agree with Rangan that it’s not just diet that will the health of the gut?
- Rangan & Tim discuss anti-biotics and the use of pro-biotics simultaneously.
- Tim recommends books – Martin Blazes – Missing Microbes, Jeff Leach – Rewild and Bee Wilson – First Bite: How we learn to eat.
- Hear Tim’s tips for good gut health.
More Info on Tim
Related articles from Dr Chatterjee